Migration and immigration law

France is one of the most attractive countries in Europe in terms of professional immigration.

In 2020, it attracted more than 26,000 foreigners wishing to come and settle in France in order to carry out a professional activity, whether salaried or self-employed.

Professional immigration is a generic term, which groups together two categories of workers.

On the one hand, qualified workers who have a certain level of education and can claim a relatively high salary in France or who wish to make significant investments in an entrepreneurial project.

On the other hand, “unskilled” workers, who are foreign nationals who do not have any particular qualifications, but who benefit from an employment opportunity in France. 

In all cases, access to employment is strictly regulated by French law.

The right to work for foreign nationals is, in fact, conditional on the prior recognition of a right of residence in the territory.

EXILAE Avocats has the necessary expertise to assist foreign nationals who are present in France or who wish to settle in France in order to carry out a professional activity.

The firm helps, assists and advises in all the procedures with the administration both in France and abroad. 

Practice areas

Economic immigration in France
  • Obtaining a visa to enter the country
  • Immigration of qualified and highly qualified employees (talent passport)
  • Mobility of young professionals
  • The right of residence and setting up a business
  • The transition to a residence permit
  • Procedure for the introduction of foreign employees (obtaining a work permit from the Direccte (Regional Directorates for the Economy, Employment, Labour and Solidarity))
  • Intra-group mobility
  • Change of status
  • Exceptional admission to residence: regularisation through work
Rights arising from bilateral agreements with France
  • The Franco-Algerian agreement
  • The Franco-Moroccan agreement
  • The Franco-Tunisian agreement
  • Agreements concluded with former French territories
Rights applicable to intra-EU movements
  • Residence for EU nationals and their family members
  • Long-term resident card-EU
  • Residence for British nationals and their family members
  • The EU Blue Card
Litigation relating to migration and immigration law
  • Management of disputes before the Administrative Court
  • Management of litigation before the OFII (French Office of Immigration and Integration- Office français de l'immigration et de l'intégration)
  • Management of disputes before the Labour Inspectorate
  • Assistance to clients in their proceedings with administrative centres (préfecture)

Our last interventions

More news More Actua